Facts About Kynar® (PVDF) Polyvinylidene Fluoride
Kynar® is a high molecular weight thermoplastic polymer which is used extensively in corrosive and chemical resistant applications.
Kynar® is mechanically strong, thermally stable, resistant to most chemicals and solvents, stable to UV, and self-extinguishing.
Key Features of Kynar® (PVDF)
- High Purity
- Mechanically strong
- Can withstand high pressures & vacuums
- Flame resistant
- FDA, USDA, and Sanitary 3-A approved
Key Applications of Kynar® (PVDF)
- Process vessels, fluid handling
- Equipment handling mineral acids, halogens, oxidants, chlorinated organics, bleaching solutions, and most aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons
- Plating and etching tanks and applications requiring resistance to sulfuric acid
- Pipes, fittings, pumps