RULON® Key Facts
Rulon® is a plastic material with a low coefficient of friction, excellent abrasion resistance, and extreme resistance to corrosion. Rulon® was developed to improve the mechanical and thermal properties of unmodified Teflon® without affecting its unique electrical and chemical properties. Rulon® exhibits a wide range of improved characteristics over pure Teflon® and has a lower coefficient of thermal expansion. This characteristic allows it to operate in a wide continuous service temperature range. Rulon® is practically impervious to chemical attack.
Where to use RULON®
- Low cost, high-performance dry bearings for continuous service to 20,000 PV or intermittent service to 50,000 PV.
- Low temperatures to -400°F., where oils are useless
- High temperatures to 550°F
- Corrosive substances, non-lubricating liquids, high or low humidity
- Lubricated applications where wear may occur during starting and stopping.
- Oscillating bearings or any case where stick-slip is undesirable.
- Space and weight-saving applications.
- Where bearing lubrication is undesirable or impossible.
Applications of RULON®
- Piston Rings
- Thrust Washers