TECHTRON® POLYPHENYLENE SULFIDE (PPS) Key Facts
Techtron™ brand polyphenylene sulfide thermoplastic shapes are resistant to a wide variety of chemicals, while remaining stiff and strong, over a broad temperature range. There are no known solvents for Techtron™ below 392°F (200°C), and it can be used at temperatures as high as 425°F (218°C) continuously.
Techtron™ fills the demand for a product which closes the gaps in PEEK’s resistance to chemical environments.
Techtron’s physical properties are comparable in application temperatures 50°F below the capability of PEEK.
Polymer’s production and stress relieving techniques also overcome the inconsistency, warpage and cracking problems of compression molded PPS which have restricted the use of the material in machined parts.
Characteristics of TECHTRON® POLYPHENYLENE SULFIDE (PPS)
- Exceptional chemical resistance
- 425°F (218°C) continuous use temperature
- High temperature stiffness retention
- High temperature hydrolysis resistance
- Superior dimensional stability
- Inherent flame resistance (UL 94-V-O)
- Not brittle like compression molded PPS shapes
- Lower moisture absorption than PEEK
Applications of TECHTRON® POLYPHENYLENE SULFIDE (PPS)
- Pump and valve components
- Oil field parts
- Impeller diffusers
- Chemical tower packing
- Finger tights, ferrules, columns, seals
- Component parts
- High temperature insulators, connectors
- Brush holders, coil bobbins
- Integrated circuit carriers, boards
- Relay components
- Business machine parts
- Applications requiring resistance to high temperature soldering techniques
- Aerospace components
- Appliance parts
- Automotive parts
- Baking ovens in food processing
- Conveyer components in paper manufacturing