Facts About TORLON®(POLYAMIDE-IMIDE)
Torlon® is a poly (amide-imide) which exhibits exceptional physical and chemical properties, and is useful over a wide temperature range: from cryogenic (-320°F) to 475°F. It has superior resistance to elevated temperatures, withstands continuous exposure to 475°F and severe stress conditions; and provides better compressive strength and higher impact resistance than most other high performance thermoplastics.
Torlon’s® extremely low coefficient of thermal expansion and high creep resistance delivers excellent dimensional stability over a wide temperature range. It also offers good chemical and radiation resistance.
TORLON® Key Features
Only TORLON® engineering polymers offer a combination of:
- Performance from cryogenic to 500°F
- Outstanding mechanical strength
- Low flammability and smoke generation
- Fatigue strength
- Impact strength
- Creep resistance
- Wear resistance
- Low expansion coefficients
- Excellent thermal stability
- Resistance to aviation and automotive fluids